Have you tried paraffin wax for your beauty routine? No? Well, it is time to start using it for the benefits of your skin especially on your feet and hands. I have encountered Paraffin wax when I was working in Spa Elysium, Ireland. At first, I was sceptical for I have heard this paraffin wax before only in connection with candles.
The paraffin wax used in the spas, is a soft wax heated in a special paraffin wax heater. It is good for a treatment before having a manicure and a pedicure. It is good to soften the skin of your hands and feet especially to those people who have hard skin. It is a soft wax because it contains paraffin oil and it can be heated on a low temperature. As the temperature is low as normal, the feet or hands can be treated on this paraffin wax bath without causing damage to the skin. It is for external use only.
1. Paraffin wax is for external use only.
2. Never heat the paraffin wax in the microwave.
3. Always use paraffin wax heater which has automatic heat controller.
4. Never heat the paraffin wax in the stove or electric burner.
5. Always try the temperature of the paraffin wax before putting your feet or hands inside if it is already okay to soak your parts of the body on the heater.
6. Be careful. Paraffin wax is flammable.
What you need when having a paraffin wax bath at home:
1. Paraffin wax heater.
2. Blocks of paraffin wax. You can buy paraffin wax with peach fragrance or any other fragrances sold in a spa or salon shops or you can buy it online.
4. Plastic bags for both hands or feet.
5. Warm spa gloves.
6. Hand towel.
1. Prepare the paraffin wax by heating the wax on the heater.
2. Take the jewelries off from your hands.
3. Wash your hands with a soap and pat dry.
4. Rub a little moisturizer in your hands.
5. Gently submerge your lightly spread left fingers down the paraffin wax. Let stay for a few seconds then put it down again. Repeat 4 to 5 times to have a kind of paraffin glove as a result. The more the paraffin glove, the better. Then put your paraffin glove hand into the plastic bag and fix it tightly. Wait for about 10-12 minutes until the wax hardens. You need somebody to do that for you!
6. Then, do the same with the right hand. After repeating the procedure and your both hands are with paraffin gloves, wait for about 10 to 12 minutes after you have inserted the hands inside a spa warm gloves.
7. Pull off the paraffin wax gloves with the plastic bags from your hands. Get off the remaining wax from your hands.
8. You can have your manicure now.